Criminal Defence Lawyers in Melbourne
Being charged with criminal offences can be a stressful experience, especially if it is the first time you are in such a situation.
At Canaan Lawyers, we have the expertise and experience to assist you at every step of the way in your interaction with the criminal justice system. Our lawyers can:
- negotiate with prosecution authorities on your behalf to achieve the best outcome for you
- vigorously defend you
- appear for you in court
- give you legal advice so you can make an informed decision
We have acted for individuals and corporations that have been charged with criminal offences by the police, local councils, and other government and regulatory authorities.
Whether your offence is drink driving related or something else, we can help
Even if you consider the offence you are charged with to be trivial, you should still consult us for preliminary advice. If you are found guilty of offences however trivial, you may receive a criminal conviction and heavy fines and penalties. Some offences which are commonly considered to be trivial (but nevertheless are capable of attracting severe consequences) are:
- Traffic offences, e.g.: speeding, drink driving or driving without displaying ‘L’ or ‘P’ plates
- Carrying out building work without a building permit
- Operating a food business in unsanitary and unhygienic conditions
- Breaching the conditions of a liquor licence
- Breaching an Intervention Order by approaching a protected person
Having a criminal record would have a significant impact on you. Even if you decide to plead guilty to criminal charges, having a lawyer represent you in court can often result in a significant difference in the sentence which you will receive.
Request defence from our criminal lawyers today
If you are charged with criminal offences from drink driving, minor traffic offences, to more serious crimes, please contact us our Melbourne criminal defence lawyers immediately. We will arrange to meet with you on a priority basis, because we recognise that your fundamental human rights, liberties and privileges may be at stake.