Secure your future with our experienced asset protection lawyers

We believe that everyone deserves to protect their assets and secure their financial future. Whether you’re a business owner, a high net-worth individual, or just want to protect your assets from potential legal or financial risks, our experienced asset protection lawyers are here to help deliver extensive advice and build a tailored plan according to your needs to ensure your assets are well-secured.

Whether you are looking to protect your assets from creditors, lawsuits, or other risks, our asset protection lawyers can help you.

Our experienced asset protection lawyers can provide you with the guidance and legal representation you need to ensure your assets are protected and preserved for future generations. We offer a range of asset protection services and advice, including: 

  • parent-to-child loans;
  • loan agreement;
  • caveat application;
  • family trust and unit trust;
  • charitable trusts;
  • business succession planning;
  • transfer of ownership;
  • transfer of management;
  • trust and company structure; and
  • creditor claims.

If you experienced any of the following situations, speak to our lawyers and find out how to protect your interests.

  • You own significant assets, such as property, investments or a business that you want to protect.
  • You have recently bought a property under your child’s name and do not want his or her spouse to have the rights to it. 
  • You have recently experienced a significant life change, such as marriage, divorce or retirement.
  • You are a business owner concerned about potential legal or financial risks.
  • You have dependents, such as children or elderly parents, who rely on your financial support. 
  • You are looking to establish a trust or plan for the future of your business.
  • You have questions about how to structure your assets in a way that provides the maximum level of protection. 
  • You are worried about the potential for creditors or lawsuits to seize your assets.

Frequently asked questions

What types of assets can be protected through asset protection planning?

Any asset that you own can potentially be protected through asset protection planning. This can include real estate, investments, retirement accounts and personal property. Get in touch with us to find out the best option to protect your assets effectively.

What is the difference between estate planning and asset protection?

Estate planning and asset protection overlap in that both seek to provide for your future and ensure that your assets are protected. 

Estate planning typically focuses on how your assets will be distributed after you pass away, while asset protection focuses on protecting your assets from creditors and other financial risks during your lifetime. 

Contact us to discuss your case and obtain a personalised strategy on protecting your assets for your loved ones

What are the benefits of setting up a trust for asset protection?

A trust can help protect your assets from a variety of risks, such as creditors, lawsuits, bankruptcy, divorce settlements, and other legal proceedings. By placing your assets into a trust, you can separate them from your personal name and keep them out of reach of potential creditors or legal claims. This can provide peace of mind and help ensure that your assets are preserved for future generations.

It is important to note that setting up a trust can be a complex legal process. Seek legal advice to ensure that the trust is set up properly and provides the intended benefits.

How can I ensure that my assets are protected if I live or own property in different states or countries?

Asset protection planning can be complex when you have assets in multiple states or countries. It is important to work with a lawyer who has experience with international asset protection to ensure that your assets are protected in all jurisdictions where you own property. This can include setting up multiple trusts, working with foreign advisors, and taking other measures to ensure that your assets are protected no matter where you live or own property.

Contact us to find out the best option to protect your assets effectively.

What is the purpose of lodging a caveat in Australia, and who can do it?

The purpose of lodging a caveat in Australia is to protect a person’s interest in a property by preventing any dealings with that property until the issue is resolved. A caveat can be lodged by anyone who has a legal or equitable interest in the property, such as an owner or a person with a registered interest in the property. 

It is important to seek legal advice before lodging a caveat to ensure that the grounds for the caveat are valid and to avoid any potential consequences.

This FAQ content is general in nature and not intended as legal advice. For specific legal advice regarding your situation, we strongly advise you to consult a lawyer. 

Book a 30-minute consultation now and get the strategy to achieve your desired outcomes


Making Acquaintance 

Understand your matter

Lock in time for consultation 


Address your concerns

Answer all your questions

Confirm your desired outcomes


Offer the best strategy

Outline an execution plan

Provide a fixed-fee quotation 

Not satisfied with your consultation?

Full refund guarantee

No question asked

On the same day


Need help with protecting your assets? Speak to our Chinese lawyers in Melbourne today.

At Canaan Lawyers, we are committed to achieving your desired outcome and enabling you to succeed. If you need help with protecting your assets, our team of experienced lawyers is here to help. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our experienced lawyers.

At Canaan Lawyers, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide premium law services in a variety of different areas, including criminal law, commercial law and litigation. If you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment with one of our Chinese lawyers in Melbourne, get in touch with our team today. Our Melbourne based office can be reached on 03 9620 0888. Alternatively, you can send an email to or fill out our online enquiry form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.