There are many legal issues related to acquisitions, disposals and property development such as regulatory and disclosure requirements, planning and construction law. Achieving smooth, timely and successful outcomes in property transactions requires a lawyer who is familiar with all aspects of the legal context and commercial environment.
Canaan Lawyers has a strong focus in the area of property law. Our property law team has the experience and skills to recognise and manage potential liabilities and to prevent clients becoming exposed to unnecessary risks.
We have assisted clients in a wide range of property matters including those involving:
- Commercial, retail and industrial acquisition and sale of property
- Commercial and retail leasing
- Project development agreements
- Building contracts and project management agreements
- Subdivision and staged development
- Body corporate structuring and planning
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) applications
- Real estate agency advices and agreements